This recipe is for discerning individuals who want the most out of their guacamole experience, or for those of you who want to make the best impression with the least amount of effort.
CREAMY GUACAMOLE WITH FRESH CHEVRE
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes very finely chopped
- 1/8-1/4 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder to taste (if you want to use real garlic, go ahead, but always remember it is nice to sauté it a bit, raw garlic=gross burps)
- Juice from 1/2 a lime (you can use lemon juice in a bind)
- 1/2 – 1 cup of fresh mild goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder or 1 tbs chipotle sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 finely chopped jalapeño, seed removed
- Suggested music: Bill Monroe’s “Goldrush”
Put all ingredients into the blender, or mash with a potato masher until nice and smooth. Keep the pits in case you have leftovers- avocado pits and lime juice help the guacamole stay fresh in the fridge. Serve with warm tortilla or pita chips, with a sprig of cilantro to garnish, or use it on burritos and tacos. You can even eat it like a sandwich spread. Yum!
If you’re vegan, you can replace the goat cheese with Tofutti’s Better Than Cream Cheese or Better Than Sour Cream. They are absolutely the best vegan substitutes out there. But stay away from Tofutti hard cheese slices. That stuff is nasty.